Welcome to the Community!

Hey!! Look who's scrolled down to check the welcome text. I'll give a short welcome to you guys, and a couple of 'thank you' s for whatever button you clicked to have ended up here in this little blog of mine. It's nothing professional, but it surely is special! Not for you maybe, but just for your information I've wasted precious time just to make the blog appear decent and pretty in my opinion - not to mention all of the posts you see here! So don't judge before you actually look into things!
I've added a couple of pages just to organize all the things I have in this blog so that you guys have a better time of searching things up rather than having every post of different topics all jumbled up in one single home page.
Yeah, I think I'm done with my welcome text. Without further ado, welcome to my little blog of thoughts.

*You really didn't need to finish everything to start reading stuff here, but I appreciate it if you have. :)

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Book Talk: Waterfall


It's been a while since I finished the book, but with all the school stuff going on, I finally found time to sit back and write about my thoughts on this book. Waterfall, did you know it's actually the second and last book of this series? If not, virtual high five yo! I had NO idea this was going to be the final conclusion, and do you know how I felt when Eureka *beepspoileralert*?
Okay, so putting those thoughts aside, now we come to the actual topic I'm going to write about: Waterfall. After knowing how important of a role she was going to have to play in this whole Atlantis legend, Eureka's mind was all jumbled up and confused. But really, it is crazy how when she was this normal girl at school, then all of a sudden BOOM! she's a Tearline girl that's gonna drown the whole world if she cried? Good thing she isn't real, 'cause I don't wanna be there if all of a sudden a girl next to me cried, then an earthquake happens, BAM I'm in the ocean, the Atlantis king rises, takes over the world, end of story.
Back to Teardrop, so it was left where she actually cried, and they were off on their way in an air bubble formed by her magical necklace in search of a lost Seedbearer.
There, end of the No Spoiler section. Go read it, then continue. Or continue, and get spoiled. :D

SPOILER ALERT!!!

One thing. She died. Eureka died. She actually died!!! WHY??? Just a side note here, but I was shouting that question to my entire family after finishing the book and they were staring at me like I'm insane. But back to the story, I have to ask again, why do the protagonists always die in current day series??? We used to read books and think that when a protagonist is in a very critical point of death, they wouldn't die, because they're the main character, and main characters don't just die. But this? WHY does she have to kill Eureka? Why can't she live happily ever after with her beloved Ander??? I'm sorry guys, but I just have to rant. Which is why Blogger is invented; for us readers who get complaints because of ranting too much in real life, and it's too hard not to rant. :) Speaking of Ander, the plot twist was weird... but cool. Though it doesn't quite make a lot of sense. He has the "big breath" thing, but he isn't really a Seedbearer. It's weird okay. And when Eureka found out that Seedbearers age faster if they fall in love, it was such a huge slap in the face. But then we find out he actually isn't a Seedbearer, and it's all sunshine and rainbows again, she dies. HA.HA. Good job, Lauren Kate. You officially became the next Rick Riordan.
Not just that, Brooks just had to die with her, together in the rainbows. NO. Why not Ander? They were supposed to fall even deeper in love, and die together, and live in the rainbow kingdom happily ever after death. Though a REALLY unsatisfying ending for me, I still thought the plot was pretty addictive, I couldn't put down the book once I started reading it, until the end of it. So, that's a sign that it's a good book. And I'm giving it a four out of five.


Follow up for more book reviews! Who knows? I'm almost done with the Blood of Olympus, it might be next! Thanks guys, comment, follow, put your 'emotion' down below!

No comments: