Welcome to the Community!

Hey!! Look who's scrolled down to check the welcome text. I'll give a short welcome to you guys, and a couple of 'thank you' s for whatever button you clicked to have ended up here in this little blog of mine. It's nothing professional, but it surely is special! Not for you maybe, but just for your information I've wasted precious time just to make the blog appear decent and pretty in my opinion - not to mention all of the posts you see here! So don't judge before you actually look into things!
I've added a couple of pages just to organize all the things I have in this blog so that you guys have a better time of searching things up rather than having every post of different topics all jumbled up in one single home page.
Yeah, I think I'm done with my welcome text. Without further ado, welcome to my little blog of thoughts.

*You really didn't need to finish everything to start reading stuff here, but I appreciate it if you have. :)

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Book Talk: Beastly


Hey guys! SO, I was strolling the bookstore one day, and 'Beastly' caught my eye. Okay, you guys might've already heard of it, or read it before - because it was published a few years ago. But still, I decided to take some time to write down what I thought about it.
This was one of the best books I've read. Not only was it well written; the message the story conveyed was beautiful. Although you may think this was just another Beauty and the Beast story, which it sort of is; the way it was set in a modern world showed how we really judge a book by its cover.
This particular part was interesting to me: where Adrian (the Beast) said he used to blame the environment he grew up in for his mistakes and horrible character. Some people get commented on their bad behaviors and they just throw all the blame on their surroundings, their family, their parents. But really, the choice is up to us. Lindy (the 'Beauty') grew up also with a screwed up father, no mom - slightly similar to Adrian's family background (except the wealth and fame) - but she grew up being a woman that cared about people in the inside. Well, she loved Adrian in the end. (is that a spoiler?)

But yeah, my point is: it's hard not to judge people by their looks (I'll admit that), but before we assume their character by their outer appearance, why not get to know them first?

*Guys, I know this is totally not my best written book talk, it's kinda confusing, I'm sorry. But with all the thoughts jumbled up, this is what I came up with. Well, the last sentence is kinda like my main point. So if you didn't get the first part, I hope the last point covers it up.

Another news! Guys, if you don't like reading, or if you loved the book as much as I did and wanna watch a movie based on it - go check this out:


Well obviously, it's starring Vanessa Hudgens as Lindy, and Alex Pettyfer as Adrian. It's not the best, and doesn't really do the book justice, but go check it out just for some fun.

No comments: