Welcome to the Community!

Hey!! Look who's scrolled down to check the welcome text. I'll give a short welcome to you guys, and a couple of 'thank you' s for whatever button you clicked to have ended up here in this little blog of mine. It's nothing professional, but it surely is special! Not for you maybe, but just for your information I've wasted precious time just to make the blog appear decent and pretty in my opinion - not to mention all of the posts you see here! So don't judge before you actually look into things!
I've added a couple of pages just to organize all the things I have in this blog so that you guys have a better time of searching things up rather than having every post of different topics all jumbled up in one single home page.
Yeah, I think I'm done with my welcome text. Without further ado, welcome to my little blog of thoughts.

*You really didn't need to finish everything to start reading stuff here, but I appreciate it if you have. :)

Monday, August 25, 2014

Book Talk: The Warrior Heir


The Warrior Heir... Hmm. What's the first thing that pops into your mind? The thing that popped into my mind immediately was that this guy - whoever he is - is special. Maybe he's some kind of long lost warrior prince that was immensely powerful but had no idea of his own capabilities. Well, those were my first impressions. But as I read into it, I realize I haven't been expecting what I was going into.

I have been into a lot of worlds; demigods, mermaids, angels, you name them - but not one as complicatedly detailed as this one, in a good way. Though first I must warn those who are preparing to dig into this book, do not read it if you do not like third person perspectives.

As some books may be, this one isn't very interesting (for me) in the beginnings. It almost bored me out at first, but then I finally got to where he started discovering (SPOILER ALERT!!!) that he was a wizard-slash-warrior. The pace started picking up after the discovery, and the transitions were pretty smooth all the way; except for some switches between perspectives (I only noticed there was a change of perspective after the first two sentences). Yes, there are going to be more than one perspective in this book.

And as much as I'd love to read about an interesting love triangle, one thing that I loved about this book was that it didn't have that strong of a sense for romance - but it did mention and include a few of them (SPOILER: between the protagonist and the bystander-girl-who-became-his-enemy-slash-opponent-slash-lover; between the protagonist's mentor and his aunt; between the aforementioned mentor and the protagonist's great-great-great grandma; between the aforementioned-mentioned mentor and the protagonist's mother) ---> I know! I have no words.

Well, moving on... This book would be an excellent recommendation to guys. And girls. But especially guys. since it's kinda hard to come by a novel these days without a heroine that saves the day. And it would be a thrill to those who love fantasy worlds.

If you've finished reading this, be sure to check out the sequel The Wizard Heir! As I am going to right now!

No comments: